Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my sister's recipe and it is absolutely delicious. Even people who say they don't like egg nog come back for seconds. I leave the bourbon out when I make this, but I included it below as it was part of the original recipe. Be careful it packs a punch. Enjoy!
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups Bourbon
- 1 cup jamaican rum
- 1 cup brandy
- 3 pints heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- Beat egg yolks until fluffy.
- Beat in sugar and slowly stir in bourbon (if using),rum and brandy.
- Lightly whip 16 ounces of cream then blend all cream into mixture.
- Blend in milk.
- Beat egg whites until peaks form.
- Fold into egg nog.
- Serve. (May want to garnish with freshly grated nutmeg on top).
This is fabulous. I scaled the recipe down to 1/3 and I made it without the bourbon and it turned out great. I think the bourbon would have made this way too strong and thinned it out too much. This is very thick and rich. I did add nutmeg too. Yumlicious!