Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious, and highly inhebriating Egg Nog recipe I usually make at Christmas, and Easter, and Christmas in July, and just about every other chance I get to make it, because it's so damn good!
- 8 eggs, separated into Yolks and Whites (You'll use both)
- 1 liter milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white rum
- 2 cups whiskey or 2 cups Bourbon
- 2 cups cream
- grated nutmeg
- Put your yolks in the bowl that you plan to serve the nog in, and mix in half of the sugar with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, beat your egg whites with a whisk, until they're white and foamy.
- Slowly beat the other half of the sugar into the egg whites (Be gentle here, you're not trying to make merangue!).
- Pour the egg whites into the bowl with the yolks, and stir through with a fork.
- Add the milk, rum, whiskey, and half of the cream, and mix well.
- Beat the other half of the cream until it is thick, and carefully fold it into the nog.
- Serve in short, wide glasses, garnished with a little grated nutmeg.
- NOTE: If you plan to take this to a party, as I have done in the past, the best way to do it is to mix the egg mixture, and the alcoholic liquids, and place them in a one liter thermos flask, and put that, as well as a one liter carton of milk, and a 500Ml carton of cream (And a nutmeg grinder if you have one) into a large bowl, and just mix it all together when you get there. That saves you from having to worry about spilling it on your way to the party, and is convenient, as you don't have to worry about measuring liquids - You just pour it all in!
This was easy to make and very flavorful! It didn't last too long in our house...I will definately make this again...