Recipe by nickt
An accompaniment to grilled meats or as a spread for toasted slices of pita or baguette
- 3 medium eggplants
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly rub whole eggplants with cooking oil and pierce their skins in two or three places with a fork to keep them from exploding.
- To roast the eggplants on a grill, place them directly over very hot coals for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally. When skins turn black (not charred or blistered), position the eggplants away from the fire and continue to cook until very soft, 20-25 minutes. Or, roast the eggplants in a 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes.
- Slice cooled eggplants in half lengthwise. Using a large spoon, scrape the inside flesh into the bowl of a food processor or a blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until creamy.