Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I think the recipe title speaks for itself! Comes from the Iowa egg board.
- 1 loaf French bread (1 lb.)
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices deli turkey
- 4 slices fried bacon
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; carefully hollow out top and bottom, leaving ½ inch shells (discard removed bread or save for other use).
- Spread 3 tablespoons of butter and all of the mayonnaise inside bread shells.
- Line bottom bread shell with ham, turkey, and bacon. Top with tomato, onion and honey mustard.
- In a skillet, melt remaining butter; add eggs. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until eggs are almost set. Spoon into bottom bread shell; top with cheeses.
- Cover with bread top. Wrap in greased foil.
- Bake at 375ºF for 15 - 20 minutes or until heated through. Cut into serving size pieces.