Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from the back of the pkt. of walnuts I bought in USA. My very first nut shopping! I am yet to try this - I am looking for the caramel topping. If you try this before I do, let me know how it is!
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz. package)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping (12.25 oz. jar)
- In a large bowl, combine together 2 cups of flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add butter and stir until everything is moistened.
- Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture.
- Press the remaining into the bottom of an ungreased 13 X 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, combine the caramel topping and 1/3 cup of flour.
- Mix well, then drizzle over the base.
- Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely on a wire rack before serving.