Shirl (J) 831's Note:
I found this recipe from my sister who I think found it surfing the net one day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup rolled oats, not instant (old fashioned)
- 1/3 cup unprocessed natural bran, such as Millers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon applesauce or 1 tablespoon grated apple
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Butter Buds (liquid)
- 1Mix all the dry ingredients.
- 2Add the Buttermilk and ButterBuds.
- 3Stir a couple times.
- 4Add enough water to thin the batter to the consistency of heavy cream.
- 5Let batter rest for 5 minutes and it will absorb a lot of liquid and thicken.
- 6Thin again with water to heavy cream consistency. (This is a lot thinner than any waffle recipe seen where you fold in egg whites, etc.).
- 7Bake in Pam sprayed hot iron until steam stops.
- 8Peek! If the waffles start to pull apart bake another couple of minutes.
- 9Tip: Fat free waffles come out crisp, but are apt to get soggy when you add syrup. You can heat the plates in the oven and drizzle hot syrup on the plate.
- 10Then Place the waffle on top.
- 11Served good with yogurt and fruit.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggless Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.1
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 276.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: