Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe from my sister who I think found it surfing the net one day.
Make and share this Eggless Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats, not instant (old fashioned)
- 1⁄3 cup unprocessed natural bran, such as Millers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon applesauce or 1 tablespoon grated apple
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Butter Buds (liquid)
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the Buttermilk and ButterBuds.
- Stir a couple times.
- Add enough water to thin the batter to the consistency of heavy cream.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes and it will absorb a lot of liquid and thicken.
- Thin again with water to heavy cream consistency. (This is a lot thinner than any waffle recipe seen where you fold in egg whites, etc.).
- Bake in Pam sprayed hot iron until steam stops.
- Peek! If the waffles start to pull apart bake another couple of minutes.
- Tip: Fat free waffles come out crisp, but are apt to get soggy when you add syrup. You can heat the plates in the oven and drizzle hot syrup on the plate.
- Then Place the waffle on top.
- Served good with yogurt and fruit.