This carrot cake tastes just like the real thing. Frosted with icing, you'd never know the difference.
- In a small bowl mix baking powder and applesause into a foamy mixture, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add oil, carrots, pineapple (some of the juice might help), and applesauce mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add flaked coconut, nuts, or raisins if desired.
- Scoop mixture into 24 cupcake liners.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cooled, frost with icing (powdered sugar, 'fake' butter, vanilla, and water).