Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very tasty and light cake after a heavy meal. Or just right for that in between tea/coffee break time. Lots of flavor.
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups sour milk
- Cut the butter into the flour and the sugar.
- Take one cup out and put it aside.
- To the remaining mixture, blend all the dry ingredients, nuts, and raisins.
- Make a well in the mixture.
- Pour in the milk and blend only to moisten the mixture.
- Stir in remaining cup that was put aside.
- Pour mixture into a 13" x 9" for 25-30 min.
- Test with a toothpick to see if done.
I just lovvvvvvvvveeeed this cake! Made it in the evening and I really got a good bite out of it;-)! Thanks so much for posting this!