1/1 Photo of Eggless Scones --
These are easy-to-make eggless scones. Adding sugar is an option. Add cheese or herbs to the batter to make savoury scones. Or, add orange or lemon zest; dried raisins, dried blueberries, currants, dried cranberries, or other dried fruit, that have been plumped in hot water and drained. The possibilities are as endless as your imagination!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk, or sift the dry ingredients.
- 2Cut the butter into the flour, with a pastry blender, until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Stir in the milk. Add any optional ingredients, if desired.
- 4On a floured surface, lightly knead the dough 5-10 times.
- 5Place on a greased, or parchment lined, baking sheet. Flatten gently to a 1" thick round.
- 6Cut, like a pie, into 8 wedges, but do not separate.
- 7Brush the top with about 1 tablespoon milk. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- 8Bake 400 degrees, 12 -15 minutes, until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggless Scones --
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 464.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g