Prep 13 mins
Cook 4 mins
This recipe is posted by request. Original poster is Webby.
- In a large bowl mix together flour and salt.
- Slowly stir in the warm water and mix until a stiff dough is formed.
- Lightly flour your counter top or board and turn out dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes, adding a touch of water if the dough is too stiff to work with.
- Form into a ball, cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
- At this point you can roll it out and cut into desired shapes or run through a pasta machine.
- Boil a large pot of salted water, drop in pasta and cook for 4 minutes, drain and serve.
Made this 17/5-05 and it turned out really good. I was so impressed with how easy the dough was to work with! I did add about 1/4 cup more water - maybe the semolina here is dryer. But when I made spaghetti out of it, it took only a couple of minutes for it all to stick together. Next time, I will make tagliatelle! Taste was super!!! Thank you so much for posting such an easy egg-less alternative!!!