Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is modified from Perfect, Plate-Size Pancakes (Thanks so much to Anaisfern). I tried out some other recipes (sans eggs) and found this one to be the best. The original recipe calls for 2 cups milk and 1 egg. I took out the egg and substituted it with 2 tbsp more milk. If the batter is too thick, just add more water or milk. Give it a try!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons milk (substitution for 1 egg)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or vinegar)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the lemon juice into the milk. Let it sit for a few minutes to curdle.
- Stir in the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface. Flip pancakes over and cook until golden brown.
Turned out great and I used rice milk.
We can all enjoy pancakes now, since my husband is allergic to eggs. This is a great recipe!!!
these were pretty awesome