Recipe by YoungWifeNYC
For those that have family members that suffer from allergies, this is an alternative to fried chicken or even regular oven fried chicken that incorporates egg.
- 4 chicken breasts (or thighs, legs, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal flour, mixture (or either one separately)
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Season chicken breasts to taste with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper. Marinate pieces in apple juice. Set aside.
- Mix flour, paprika, salt, thyme, paprika, thyme, black pepper in large bowl. In smaller bowl, pour canola oil.
- Remove one chicken breast at a time from marinade and let drip dry. Set in oil, drip dry. Then coat in flour mixture. Place on greased cookie sheet or tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turn over, and bake for 20 minutes more.