Recipe by cookingpompom
I have been trusted with my grandmothers box of hand written recipes. This one is not dated but simply says from "Heather". I am keeping this here for safe keeping. I want to make this for my children's lunch boxes.
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 250 g dried mixed fruit (sultanas, raisins, glace cherries, apricots, dates, mixed peel etc)
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 125 g butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄3 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup coconut, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter with the honey.
- Meanwhile in a medium sized bowl, add the first4 ingredients and mix.
- Pour the butter mix into the bowl and mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased 15x20 cm tin and bake at 180 oC until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Ice while warm, not hot. Sprinkle coconut over the top and let cool completely.
- To make icing, mix sugar, lemon juice and butter and mix until smooth.