Recipe by happyhealthy1
This is a delicious healthy way to substitute fatty mayo in your recipes and it tastes great!
Top Review by Mia in Germany
I'll only comment this without rating because somehow it didn't turn out for me although I think it is a pretty good sauce. Don't know whether the ingredients were wrong or it's just not my taste, but I found the apple cider vinegar too prominent. It was too much sweet and sour which overpowered the tahini - maybe my tahini was just too weak and I should have used tahini from toasted sesame seeds. I'll give it another try with different tahini and maybe less apple cider vinegar and honey :)
Thanks nonetheless for sharing!
Made for Diabetic Tailgate Party of the Diabetes Forum.
- 5⁄8-3⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey or 2 -3 tablespoons agave nectar or 2 -3 tablespoons stevia plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- water, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, pour tahini; then add vinegar, lemon juice, seafood seasoning or salt/cayenne mixture, honey, paprika and olive oi.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and whip the contents with a whisk.
- Add more water while you continue to whip the mayonnaise until a creamy consistency.