Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Since adopting a vegan diet two years ago, I found the food I missed most was eggs! (I thought it would be pastrami, but who knew?) This recipe combines the flavors of my favorite eggless egg salads tasted along the way.
- 340.19 g extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry of all excess moisture
- 29.58 ml low-fat vegan mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 9.85 ml dill pickle relish
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 4.92 ml dried dill
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced and finely chopped
- 2.46 ml apple cider vinegar
- Slice one-third of the tofu and mash in a bowl.
- Add the other ingredients in whatever order you wish.
- I like to slice and cube the remaining tofu so it resembles the egg salad I grew up with: kind of chunky with the yolks fully incorporated.
- Enjoy on rye bread or on crispy crackers.
- Bon appetite!