Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I LOVE tapioca pudding and wanted to make an egg free version. This came out 100% perfect and you would never, ever know it was missing the egg!
- 3 tablespoons minute tapioca, dry
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk, 1%
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine tapioca, milk & sugar in a medium/large saucepan and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch & water in a small bowl.
- Bring to a slow boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Once bubbling, add cornstarch mixture and continue boiling for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Stir & allow to cool.
- Makes 6 1/2 cup servings.
Careful not to let the cornstarch clump. I doubled the recipe, used 3/4 the amount of cornstarch (which is still more than necessary, I think). When doubling I used 1/2 c sugar instead of 2/3 c. I wanted more tapioca in the ratio. I think I was using unsweetened almond milk.
It's so easy to do. The taste is so good. Thanks Dukeswalker :) Made for Cookbook tag game