Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the Aayi's Recipes blog (www.aayisrecipes.com). Very easy to make and always a hit! It's quite sweet, I think it would probably work with 1/2 cup of sugar and still taste good. Note: I add a pinch of salt.
- 18 pitted dates
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon walnuts (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Microwave the dates and milk for 1 or 2 minute or heat on the stovetop until the dates are soft.
- Add sugar to the mixture.
- Blend in a blender until pureed.
- Add oil and mix.
- Pour mixture into a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sieve together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture a little bit at a time to the liquid mixture and mix slowly.
- Add the nuts and mix.
- Bake the cake in a greased oven proof cake pan for 35-40min (or till a knife is inserted in the cake and comes out clean).