Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My DD made this at school in cooking. I didnt even get to taste them. By the time I got home they were all gone !!! My DH & DS gave them the big thumbs up, and have asked her to make them again!!
- Set oven at 180dg c .
- Grease and line a 200mm bar tin.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix bi-carb and water. Stir bi-carb mixture into all other ingredients (except almonds)and mix well.
- Place in pan and sprinkle with the slivered almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on rack and cut into bars.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or cold.
*Reviewed for Recipe Tag game in Aussie Forum* Thanks Tisme this was an easy cake to make and tasted great too. I used 1/2 cup purchased blended gluten-free SR Four with 1/4 cup brown rice flour and 1/4 cup almond meal with a little extra baking powder. I also used a silicon baking pan so didn't need to line with paper. Made a really good cake ....I'm guessing would be even better with regular wheat flour. Spot on with the cooking time. Photo being posted :)
Fantastic! Made my cake with glutenfree flour and it was the best GF, egg free, dairy free cake I have ever made. Kept very well too. Children found the flavours too much as the dates here (Oman) have really intense flavour but my husband and I loved it and pleased to find some grown-up GF, egg/dairy free recipes. If you don't know Omani dates are the best in the world.