Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake has been developed by my mother.
- 15 -20 pitted dates, chopped (mejdool work best, 20 if small, 15 if large)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Combine 1 and 3/4 cup flour and soda and sift 1-2 times.
- Mix oil and sugar using a blender.
- Add milk to it.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture.
- Coat the walnuts with the reserved 1/4 cup flour and add walnuts and flour mixture to the above. Stir the batter to incorporate the walnuts.
- Pour into a 8" cake pan and bake in the middle rack till toothpick comes clean. (approx 30-45 minutes).
- Let cool in pan and on rack before cutting the cake.
- The cake can be kept in the refrigerator for almost 2 weeks.