Recipe by Tabby610
This is a delicious eggless cake recipe. The dates give added colour to the cake. To add eggs to this recipe, please substitute condensed milk with 2 large eggs and 1/2 cup sugar. Reduce baking powder to 1/2 teaspoon.
Top Review by jas kaur
i had been luking for this cake for years now thank u so much cant thank u enough but i was lovely didn last very long though lolz but thank u so much really wonder y nobody has rated this recipe yet !!!!!!!! great
- 165 g condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 250 g dates
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove seeds from dates and chop them finely.
- Add 6 tbsp of water and keep on low flame for 2 minutes Remove from fire.
- Add 1/2 tsp soda-bicarb.
- Keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Sift flour with baking powder.
- Keep aside in a bowl.
- Mix dates and walnuts with flour.
- Beat oil and condensed milk very well. If using eggs, then first beat oil and sugar, then add eggs one at a time. Beat well.
- Add vanilla essence and mix.
- Add flour and mix lightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175C/350F for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before taking out of the cake pan.