Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My kids love these cookies, being allergic to eggs sometimes makes them feel left out. Not with these!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to325°F.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda. Set aside. Cream together the sour cream, butter, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the flour mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets, flatten with fork. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until firm and golden coloured. Cool for 2 minutes in the oven and remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Good recipe, but a few issues. First of all, you need to use about 2 cups of flour because the dough is too sticky if you don't. Secondly, the recipe doesn't say how much vanilla to use. I went with 1/2 a tsp since it is a small amount of dough. Thirdly, when you flatten the cookies with a fork, you should dip it in some flour, or sugar is even better. Lastly, there is a major flaw in the directions. The last sentence says, "Cool for 2 minutes in the oven...." Cool in the oven? Hello!
I am eating the cookie dough as we speak ! one thin i did do was add pumpkin pie spice (to taste) and i am making one big cookie on a pizza pan. I am going to have to extend the cooking time so i am keeping an eye on it but i will def. let u know how it taste cooked. lol btw i didnt have sour cream so i used like an extra tbsp of milk. and i also started out by creaming the butter and sugar together then adding in the baking soad and powder and everything else.
These are actually pretty good. I didn't have sugar so I used splenda and they are a little sweet made that way but not overly. I will probably make these again.