Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These eggless muffins are unusual, with a somewhat chewy exterior and a moist, puddling-like interior.
- 2⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree or 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425°F, and grease a muffin tin well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
- Fill muffin tin. (The cups will be almost full. Don't worry, it doesn't rise too much.).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until tops begin to brown.