Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Creamy ice cream with a rich coconut flavor. A sweet treat that any coconut lover would enjoy. Again you could adjust this to the size of your ice cream maker. Also, the "cooking" time depends on your ice cream maker. You could use this recipe as a basic and add other flavors such as pureed fruits
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- Combine the milk and cream of coconut in the container of a food processor or blender, and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in cream and flaked coconut.
- Pour into the container of an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- If you bring the liquids to a simmer is makes a smother ice cream.
- Also, if you chill the mixture for 4 - 24 hours, it will also increase the flavor.
Well, the taste was wonderful but the fatty layer from the cream of coconut seemed to congeal as the ice cream froze leaving delicious coconutty ice cream with waxy coconut globules through out. Yummy ice cream, yucky texture.
I have made this several times, I LOVE coconut ice cream. I don't have an ice cream freezer so I made this just by putting it in the freezer (freeze it for at least 24 hrs.) and it comes out really good. from Mama Donna
Very good! This recipe is so tasty and simple. A little on the sweet side-the next time I will try replacing some of the cream of coconut with milk or heavy cream. I used about 1/2 c coconut flakes. I added some vanilla flavoring. I added some toasted almonds at the end-before removing it from the machine. My husband and I loved it. This is a keeper.