Recipe by Nana Lee
Creamy ice cream with a rich coconut flavor. A sweet treat that any coconut lover would enjoy. Again you could adjust this to the size of your ice cream maker. Also, the "cooking" time depends on your ice cream maker. You could use this recipe as a basic and add other flavors such as pureed fruits
Top Review by jackieliz
Well, the taste was wonderful but the fatty layer from the cream of coconut seemed to congeal as the ice cream froze leaving delicious coconutty ice cream with waxy coconut globules through out. Yummy ice cream, yucky texture.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the milk and cream of coconut in the container of a food processor or blender, and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in cream and flaked coconut.
- Pour into the container of an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- If you bring the liquids to a simmer is makes a smother ice cream.
- Also, if you chill the mixture for 4 - 24 hours, it will also increase the flavor.