Recipe by Gwamma Kaff
This wonderful pudding/pie filling is easy to make and contains no eggs.
Top Review by dragon reader
This is a GREAT recipe even the kids can make it! I have not received a single complaint about it; in fact. I have had several people ask for the recipe. I did make one slight adjustment to the recipe though. I have discovered that if I add 2 teaspoons of another flavoring like orange with the 1 teaspoon of vanilla we get "gourmet" pudding with a variety of flavors just choose your favorite! You have provided us with a new family traditional dessert for the holidays thank you!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a slow boil, and stir constantly one minute.
- Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Fill dessert dishes or pie shell, and chill until cool.
- Makes 4-6 pudding servings or filling for 8" pie.