Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
A chewy, moist, chocolate cookie. Easily vegan with vegan margarine. Prep time includes chilling. If you make drop cookies, chilling is not necessary but recommended.
- Cream margarine, oil, sugar and 1 T water until light and fluffy.
- Mix in remaining 2-3 T of water and beat well.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add to margarine mixture and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven 400°F (200°C) and grease a cookie sheet well.
- Make 24 balls (can also do drop cookies).
- Bake for 10 minutes, should be very puffy.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, they will fall considerably due to the lack of egg.
I found this recipe by accident because I wanted chocolate cookies and was out of eggs. I think this has to be one of the ABSOLUTE best chocolate cookies that I have ever had. The cookies alone are great, but the recipe is a joy to play with. I've added a touch of vanilla, milk chocolate chips and heath bar pieces to the batch I'm making right now. I'm know they will turn out great :)
Delicious - like a cross between a brownie and a cookie! I use soy milk instead of water and roll the dough balls in sugar before baking.
One of the best cookies I've ever had in my life. I love that since there's no eggs, they're not too rich, and there's not a ton of sugar, so they're not too sweet. And they remind me of ginger snaps because they're hard when they cool. My daughter was the one who found the recipe because we didn't have any eggs and I told her she has to make these at least once a week.