These are BIG FAT COOKIES! The lack of egg in this recipe gives the cookies a different texture than most chocolate chip cookies; they are slightly more crispy and less "gooey." It occurs to me that they really remind me of Chips Ahoy cookies, or other commercially produced chocolate chip cookies (maybe McDonald's cookies? I can't tell, but they definitely evoke something I've had before.) :-) Yum!
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar in bowl of heavy-duty electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour and baking powder; beat just until mixed.
- Stir in chocolate pieces and pecans.
- Dough will be firm.
- Shape into 6 or 7 lemon-sized balls.
- Arrange 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Using palm of hand, flatten each cookie to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Bake cookies until faintly browned at edges, about 45 minutes.
- (The cookies are so big that they require a long baking time.) Remove from oven; let cool on wire rack.