Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A healthier alternative to regular bundt cake :P
Make and share this Eggless Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 9 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9-inch bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour and cocoa powder. Whisk in sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and vinegar, whisking thoroughly, but quickly, until the batter comes together and is quite smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350F (my oven was a little wonky, so do check with a toothpick), until a tester comes out clean and the cake springs back when gently pressed.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Once the cake as cooled, top with any glaze.
while i dislike making a negative review since the other reviews were so positive, i must point out that both the other reviewers added chocolate chips to this cake. if they hadnt, they would have had the same problem that i did, which was that while the cake was moist, it was too salty and wasnt sweet enough. it tasted more like a bread which needed something sweet spread on it. using half milk and half water is a great idea(which i DID use) but next time i make this cake - and i will, since it has great possibilities, i will use 2cups of sugar in total and omit the salt completely.
Great! I found this recipe because I was out of eggs. I made 2/3 of the recipe with no problems. After read the reviews I opted to skip the salt and used milk instead of water, and baked it in a 9x5 pan. I also added raspberries to the batter and then made a simple syrup from some frozen mixed berries, about 3/4 cup of sugar and a splash or two of grapefruit juice. I poked some holes in the cake with a fork and poured this on while it was still hot -- so delicious! Better than frosting, and that's saying something for me. Will definitely make again!
This was delicious just as the recipe is written. I added a chocolate glaze: 2 Tbsp melted butter 3 Tbsp cocoa 1 cup icing sugar 3 Tbsp hot water Pour over cooled cake. I will definitely be making this again. Next time I'll try adding 3/4 cup of chopped maraschino cherries! Yum. Thank you for a great recipe.