Recipe by MomtoAJC
This cake is based on a recipe I found on the Internet (at srefoodblog.blogspot.com). I adapted it to fit our taste and found it really delicious. It made giving carrots to my 2-year old a whole lot easier. I frosted it with the standard cream cheese frosting, but it would be good with jam or even by itself.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated (4 or 5 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 8" square pan and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder in large bowl.
- Add softened butter, yogurt and sugar and mix well. The batter will be quite thick at this point.
- Add the grated carrots, nuts, raisins, spices and ginger and mix well.
- If the batter is still too thick, add a little more yogurt to loosen it up.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 F for 40 minutes or until the cake is browned and tests done in the middle.
- Cool and frost if desired.