Recipe by zeldaz51
Recipe by Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan, published on the blog she founded, thekitchn.com. All the essential flavors of real, classic Caesar dressing, but no egg.
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until emulsified.
- Or, for a more traditional approach, puree the anchovies, garlic and pepper with a mortar and pestle, then whisk in the lemon juice, vinegar and mustard. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified. Stir in the Parmesan and taste for seasoning.
- Will keep under refrigeration up to one week.