Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My dear friend Karen gave this recipe to me many years ago and it is very tasty.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 10 inch tube pan.
- In med.
- mixing bowl; combine flour, sugar, cocoa and mix well.
- In small bowl with wire whisk gradually beat water with mayonnaise until evenly combined; stir in vanilla.
- Then pour this mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into prepared pans.
- Bake 45- 50 minutes or until center springs back.
- Cool cake for 10 minutes.
- Then remove from pan and cool completely on baking rack.
- When cool place on cake plate and dust with powdered sugar.