Recipe by Jeannette 108
Supermoist vegan banana bread. I would recomend baking this in a large bread pan or dividing it into two smaller pans.
- 3 over-ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans, and or 1 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash bananas (overripe make the best bread).
- Add oil, vanilla and sugar; mix well.
- Sift flour, salt and soda together and add to banana mixture with walnuts if using.
- Mix until flour is blended in but do not over mix.
- Put into loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F. for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove to rack to cool completely before cutting.