Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
A mildly spicy cookie made without eggs. I am allergic to eggs, so I love cookies that come out great without the eggs. If you wish to make them with eggs, reduce the maple syrup to 1/4 cup and add one egg. These go great with a cup of coffee or milk. While they are baking, the whole house smells like Autumn. They are a lightly crunchy cookie.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar, plus
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, for rolling
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix flour, baking soda, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add maple syrup, blend.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, mix well.
- Drop a tablespoon at a time in the reserved sugar, coat and roll in to a ball.
- Place on parchment lined cookiesheet at least an inch apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in a sealed bag.