Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy and delicious cake that keeps well.
- 4 ounces butter or 4 ounces margarine
- 4 ounces sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup drained stewed apple
- Grease and flour a 7 to 8 inch round cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar with the mixed spice.
- Combine with the other ingredients, mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Bake in a preheated moderate oven until cake in cooked in the center.
lovely cake :) i was a bit pessimistic when i saw the colour of it just beofre cooking it but it tastes wonderful! so moist :)