Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Make a bowl full because this disappears so soon :-)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (I use the frozen ones)
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add onion, mix vegetables and saute on high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper powder and mix well.
- Now add the beaten eggs and keep tossing gently with wooden spatula till eggs are well done.
- Serve warm!
Made this tonight for a light dinner. Followed the directions exactly, but for the mixed vegetables I used leftover corn and an assortment of peppers I needed to use up and also added 2 more eggs to stretch a little more. I also cooked the onion longer to add a little sweetness to the dish and mellow the onion's bite b/c I was worried the amount might be too much for the eggs, but it wasn't. The black pepper adds a lot of flavor too, so don't skip it. Easy to eat as is, in a sandwich, or rolled up in a tortilla for days when you don't feel like cooking..thanks Mini, I WILL be making this again!
This was good, we added it to rice to make our own "fried" rice. Very good flavor!
I tried the green peas scramble, and this was even better!!