Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A Mexican flair to this fast and tasty eggchilada for breakfast or snack.
- Beat eggs and pour into a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Swirl pan over heat as you draw a large spoon across sides scraping into center of skillet.
- Cook until eggs are thickened, but still moist. Fold in salsa and cheese.
- Spread egg mixture down center of tortilla. Roll tortilla around eggs.
- Garnish with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Looking for something for breakfast, but wanted it easy and since we love Mexican decided to try this. Such a great recipe that adapts itself to so many things. Just add your favorites. We added chorizo sausage, shredded garlic and jalapeno's. Decided we would prefer enchilada sauce so used Mexican Enchilada Sauce (let me tell you that's a winner too) topped with cheddar cheese and baked in 350 oven for about 20 minutes (just tell cheese melted and hot through) YUMMY, My photo is not the best, think I over did a little on the sauce - but it was so good and will certainly be making this again.
What a simple and easy light meal to prepare. It was done in a flash and was quite tasty too. Lots of other ingredients could be added to this very easily also.
We liked it! Topped it with enchilada sauce rather than salsa and cooked the eggs in a little butter. This makes a lovely quick breakfast. Thank you for posting Charlotte. Made for Zaar Stars tag, please see my rating system.