Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Cheesy, fluffy egg casserole - an easy souffle AND very tasty.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 9 eggs
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) canschopped green chilies, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 8 ounces salsa
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Break the 9 eggs and whisk thoroughly.
- Batter a 13 x 9 pan with butter.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together.
- Mix beaten eggs with sugar, salt, green chiles, pepper sauce, cottage cheese and finally the monterey jack shredded cheese.
- Pour into buttered casserole dish (you can use another size - I also used a 9 inch round pyrex dish and it was actually better, I thought).
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out non-liquidy.
- Let this sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with salsa.
- If you aren't much for Mexican, this is just as good with less chiles or none -- I would think you can add anything like celery, celery flakes, chopped up canned green beans -- or just none of this Green Stuff -- .