Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but wanted to save it. Taken from the Relish food magazine and created by Greg Johnson, a Seattle-based chef, he "came up with this recipe as a way to get eggs into a nice package". I'm thinking some crumbled bacon would be a tasty addtion!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 flour tortillas (8 or 10 inch)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa (optional)
- diced avocado (optional)
- Heat a nonstick saute pan, big enough to fit tortillas, over medium-low heat. Add oil. Add eggs, breaking yolks. (Add salt and/or pepper to taste.).
- Cook until eggs are set enough to flip, about 2 minutes. Flip; cook until eggs are done, about 2 more minutes. Transfer to a plate and wipe out pan.
- Return pan to heat and increase heat to medium. Place one tortilla in pan. Sprinkle on half the cheese.
- Place cooked eggs over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and tortilla.
- Cook until bottom tortilla is a little brown and cheese starts to melt, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip with a spatula and brown the other side. Remove from pan. Transfer to cutting board to cool one minute. Then slice into wedges.
- Serve with salsa and and diced avocado, if desired.
Yum, these are quick and easy and delicious! I made one minor change to corn tortillas due to dietary needs. I served with salsa. Thanks for sharing! PAC Spring '12