Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This will keep about 3 days in the refrigerator.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1⁄4 red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 drops lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Lightly whisk egg yolk and mustard.
- Add parsley, shallots and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix well with whisk.
- Slowly add oil, while whisking constantly. Add lemon juice.
- Note this vinaigrette should be quite thick.
I am so glad that I delayed writing my review for a day. When I made the vinaigrette last night, I felt it was a little sharp for my tastes, and I contemplated adding some honey, but I decided to wait until today, and it was a good thing I did. Tossed with baby spinach for my lunch, the flavours complimented the salad ingredients perfectly, and I can see this dressing standing up well to any assertive greens. For fun, depending on the salad ingredients, I may add some honey, but the dressing is great as it is posted.