Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
With Boston lettuce and a slice of toasted multigrain bread, this salad is so light, satisfying and delicious.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
I love that this is fat free! (The Nutrition Facts are incorrect since the evil yolks are removed.) I wasn't super crazy about the taste. I think it could be improved with spices or herbs-it just needs some pizazz since the usual flavor from the yolks and mayo isn't there. I couldn't detect the hearts of palm at all so maybe next time I'd use the whole can or substitute something else. The next day the leftovers were very watery, much more than regular egg salad. This has the potential to be a fantastic healthy recipe with a few changes.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, yokes removed, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup deli pickle, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery heart, with leaf chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup hearts of palm, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper