Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I made 2 of these for dinner last night, I used spinach. I had leftover boil potatoes so i made home fries and cooked some turkey bacon. So it workes great for breakfast or dinner.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups spinach leaves or 2 cups chard leaves
- salt and pepper (freshly milled)
- 3 egg whites, beaten with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped marjoram or 1⁄2 teaspoon chives
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat one teaspoon of oil, add the spinach or chard, and cook until it's wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper, then move it to a plate.
- Add the second teaspoon of oil to the pan, then pour in the whites.
- Tilt the pan to spread them out, then cook over medium heat until they're set.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, arrange the spinach over 1/3 of the eggs, then gently prod the eggs over it to make a rolled omelet.
Very nice healthy breakfast. Made as written using chives. Served on a toasted bun for an on the go breakfast. Split my breakfast sandwich with DH who said he felt it need cheese. Thanks for the post.
Excellent low cal omelet. I paired with 2 slices Canadian bacon.
I've made these before but added some cream cheese to the mix. So delicious and filling!