Recipe by Aroostook
Another quick and easy breakfast! Vegetables may be prepared the night before and then warmed in the microwave before adding to omelet.
Top Review by ladypit
Nice little egg dish. (I have a horrid time with omelets and all of mine end up scrambled eggs! But no matter, I still like the taste!) I used cooking spray instead of the oil and butter and left off the cheese. I shared mine with my 3 year old but if I had been sharing with someone who wanted a portion as big as mine, well... it wouldn't have been satisfying. So if you are going to prepare this for 2 adults definitely have some side dishes ready. I served it with sliced tomatoes (great suggestion) and some light whole wheat toast. Nice easy breakfast.
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine egg whites and egg.
- Add water and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine melted margarine and oil.
- Place half in a skillet and saute thinly sliced vegetables until tender.
- In another skillet, heat the remaining oil/margarine mixture.
- When hot and bubbly add the egg mixture and reduce the heat to medium.
- Push the cooked portion to the center and cook until set.
- Place the vegetables on top, add grated cheese, and carefully fold on top.
- Garnish with sliced tomato.