Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another quick and easy breakfast! Vegetables may be prepared the night before and then warmed in the microwave before adding to omelet.
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- In a large bowl combine egg whites and egg.
- Add water and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine melted margarine and oil.
- Place half in a skillet and saute thinly sliced vegetables until tender.
- In another skillet, heat the remaining oil/margarine mixture.
- When hot and bubbly add the egg mixture and reduce the heat to medium.
- Push the cooked portion to the center and cook until set.
- Place the vegetables on top, add grated cheese, and carefully fold on top.
- Garnish with sliced tomato.
Nice little egg dish. (I have a horrid time with omelets and all of mine end up scrambled eggs! But no matter, I still like the taste!) I used cooking spray instead of the oil and butter and left off the cheese. I shared mine with my 3 year old but if I had been sharing with someone who wanted a portion as big as mine, well... it wouldn't have been satisfying. So if you are going to prepare this for 2 adults definitely have some side dishes ready. I served it with sliced tomatoes (great suggestion) and some light whole wheat toast. Nice easy breakfast.