Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
I found this on a web site, haven't yet tried it, but I will.
- 3⁄4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 7 -9 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients in blender or with hand blender on a low speed just until everything is blended.
- Pour in med/large pan (heated to medium with Pam spray).
- Let cook until bubble form on top and start to pop to form open holes (usually 5 minutes). Flip and let cook another 3 minutes.
- Makes one large pancake.
What a creative, easy, delicious and healthy way to use up the egg whites I had frozen - thank you! I used granulated sugar, added a dash of salt and eliminated the cinnamon because I don't enjoy that flavor with maple syrup. Made 8 small pancakes, enjoyed 2 immediately for breakfast and am freezing the remaining 6 with wax paper between layers of 2 each.
I would suggest making a few smaller pancakes instead of one large one. I used raw sugar instead of splenda and 1 large banana for flavor instead of cinnamon and vanilla. Overall pretty good, will make again.
I have to say that there is a similiar recipe on here but it had far less egg whites and oatmeal and that one made 5-6 medium size pancakes so I dont see how this one can make one large pancake....maybe one as big as a car though.