Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great healthy breakfast that can be made quickly and enjoyed pre- or post-workout. Protein, complex carbs, good fat, and fruit! I eat either half or whole pancake. Add more or less peanut butter or banana, depending on taste. Keeps my energy level high all morning long!!
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 4 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 banana
- Whisk egg whites, cinnamon, and Splenda together in bowl.
- Pour egg mixture into lightly greased medium nonstick skillet. Immediately sprinkle raw oatmeal on top of eggs. Let cook several minutes to set. When fairly firm, flip pancake, cook 2 minutes or until oatmeal side is browned.
- Transfer to plate, oatmeal side up.
- Spread peanut butter right onto oatmeal, top with sliced banana.
I am kind of disappointed. This was very difficult to make (the oats all fell off when I flipped it over and the egg whites ran everywhere) and it did not taste very good (raw oatmeal tastes like paper). The peanut butter/banana kind of saved it, but overall it wasn't very good...
Excellent recipe after making homemade ice-cream.
I really enjoyed this! It's very yummy & easy, too. I used Eggbeaters & cut this into a small portion for a snack. I used 1 Splenda pkt & followed the directions. I topped it with a little sugar free maple syrup & it was delicious. Great to have another protein snack! Thank u for sharing this.