Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 8 slices bread, or 4 1-inch slices of bread cut from a loaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In medium bowl beat egg whites well. Add milk, vanilla and cinnamon to egg whites and continue to beat.
- Dip bread slices into batter and coat on both sides.
- Cook one of the following ways: Place dipped bread in greased and heated skillet. Cook by turning a few times to brown.
- Or, place dipped bread on greased or oiled baking sheet. Then broil in the oven (watching closely), turning only once. (Approximately 2-3 minutes each side when placed 5 inches from broiler top).
Verry Yummy! My 9 y/o had 7 pieces!
Absolutely delicious! I used almond milk and added a splash of vanilla creamer as well as a dash of nutmeg and cloves. They came out great, I let the bread sit in the mixture and absorb it fully because it was really moist when I cooked them in the skillet. Will definitely make again when I have a French toast craving.