- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 8 slices bread, or 4 1-inch slices of bread cut from a loaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl beat egg whites well. Add milk, vanilla and cinnamon to egg whites and continue to beat.
- Dip bread slices into batter and coat on both sides.
- Cook one of the following ways: Place dipped bread in greased and heated skillet. Cook by turning a few times to brown.
- Or, place dipped bread on greased or oiled baking sheet. Then broil in the oven (watching closely), turning only once. (Approximately 2-3 minutes each side when placed 5 inches from broiler top).