Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Saw this prepared on Martha Stewart's tv show this morning and just had to copy it here for safekeeping...Looks like a really flavorful and healthy way to have egg salad!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, whites only, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (fresh, not dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice or 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 leaves butter lettuce, for serving
- Place all ingredients except for the lettuce in a large bowl; gently toss until well combined.
- Serve wrapped in the lettuce leaves.