1/1 Photo of Egg Waffles 3 or Gai Daan Jai
Popular street food in Hong Kong. These are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Gai Daan Jai (Tsai) means Little Chicken Eggs. Other names include Puffe, Bubble Waffle, Eggettes, Egg Puffs and I am sure there are other names. Served for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Either served flat or rolled with fruit in the center. You must have a special egg waffle pan to make these. You can find a nice one at Williams Sonoma.
My Private Note
egg waf ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together the first 4 ingredients;
- 2Beat the eggs and sugar.
- 3Add milk and water.
- 4Stir dry ingredients in, add oil last.
- 5Heat both sides of griddle, add batter to about 80% full.
- 6Close griddle and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes per side.
- 7Remove with fork and serve immediately.
- 8Cooking time is each egg waffle.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Waffles 3 or Gai Daan Jai
Serving Size: 1 (619 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 128.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: