1/1 Photo of Egg & Veggie Breakfast Tacos
It kind of became tacos because I didn't have large enough tortillas. Creamy, with just a touch of flavor to keep from being overwhelming first thing in the morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 3 small tomatoes, two of them coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 (6 inch) tortillas
- 1/2 large lime
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- 2In a medium skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add onions and turmeric and saute until soft. Add pepper and zucchini, lightly saute, and cover for a minute or two.
- 3Uncover, add 2 coarsely chopped tomatoes. Cook for another minute or two, pour vegetables in a bowl, lower heat and add remaining teaspoon oil to pan.
- 4While onions cook, beat eggs, water, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and salt until foamy.
- 5Finely dice remaining tomato and mix in a bowl with juice from 1/4 of a lime. Cut remaining limes into thin wedges for serving.
- 6Place tortillas into preheated oven for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
- 7Pour egg mixture into pan, scraping bottoms to scramble until just slightly runny.
- 8Portion eggs and vegetables onto a tortilla and fold in half.
- 9Serve with tomato-lime salsa, and yogurt sprinkled with cayenne pepper.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg & Veggie Breakfast Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.0
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 215.1 mg
- Sodium 425.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 16.0 g