Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is one of my favorite comfort foods. In China, I ate eggs and tomatoes several times a week. I thought this was a great way to use up leftover rice. The great thing about this recipe is you don't need 2 whole cups of rice, you can use less and it still tastes great. For the oil, I quite often use sesame oil.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups leftover cooked rice
- chili sauce
- Heat oil, then scramble eggs until set.
- Add tomatoes and mix with eggs for 1 minute to steam.
- Add soy sauce.
- Cover and let steam for 1 minute.
- Mix in leftover rice.
- Add salt, pepper, chili sauce to taste.
I loved this! It was sooo quick & very tasty. I have never had anything like this before....It sort of reminds me of fried rice. The sesame oil adds a lovely flavour & left the salt peper & chilli to be added by individuals for their own taste. This was the 1st of 3 for PAC Spring 2011