Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very easy way to make a tofu custard without the fuss of making soy milk. I start with commercial, unsweetened soy milk. We have successfully substituted eggbeaters for part of the eggs. Typically, we use a teaspoon of powdered dashi instead of the salt.
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 473.18 ml soymilk, plain unsweetened unthickened
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml dashi
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml mirin
- ginger, fresh grated
- green onion, sliced thin
- Mix eggs, soy milk and salt and strain into a heat-safe bowl.
- Steam in the bowl for approximately 20 minutes until center is set.
- For sauce: mix dashi, soy sauce and mirin, warm slightly.
- Serve warm or cold with a small amount of sauce. Use grated ginger and green onions for a flavorful garnish.