Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick easy & attractive. Great as a side dish for a BBQ.
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green olives
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (or other dressing)
- salt & pepper
- Remove core from the tomatoes and cut in quarter but not all the way through, cut about 2/3 of the way down and leave them joined at the bottom. Spread the sections apart.
- Mix ingredients except paprika.
- Fill the tomatoes with the mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve on a platter covered with lettuce leaves.
Very light and fresh tasting. I used Hellmann's light mayo and cut back on the celery a bit. This is a GREAT side dish for BBQs...I am always scrambling at the last minute for something different to serve on the side! Can't wait to make these with Jersey Tomatoes...Thanks!
Very pretty!! made these for lunch today, the olives were a nice touch and happily not too much mayo was called for, the paprika was a nice finish. Scaled the recipe to half and it came out fine. Lovely presentation, would be nice for a special luncheon. Thanks for sharing.
Didn't hit the ten-ring for us.