Recipe by Bergy
Quick easy & attractive. Great as a side dish for a BBQ.
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
Very light and fresh tasting. I used Hellmann's light mayo and cut back on the celery a bit. This is a GREAT side dish for BBQs...I am always scrambling at the last minute for something different to serve on the side! Can't wait to make these with Jersey Tomatoes...Thanks!
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green olives
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (or other dressing)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove core from the tomatoes and cut in quarter but not all the way through, cut about 2/3 of the way down and leave them joined at the bottom. Spread the sections apart.
- Mix ingredients except paprika.
- Fill the tomatoes with the mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve on a platter covered with lettuce leaves.